Saturday, July 19, 2008

Amanda NOT swimming

Here is what we did on Friday, Day 4 post surgery. Amanda and I took turns videotaping in the pool while she kept her ear dry.

We obviously were conserving our words because we all have a VERY limited vocabulary!  The longest sentence uttered was 7 words...and that was by Gonzálo.  

I tallied up how many times we said these high frequency words & phrases in this short video clip:

Goldy-5
Good girl-5
Baby-3
Hi-3

There was also a lot a giggling and laughing going on!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Well! I must say I am jealous, I should have had her surgeon :) I had a practically a Mohawk! :) She is moving around beautifully!

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Hi Abbie! Yeah she's doing really well! I have never heard of another surgeon who doesn't shave or cut ANY hair. We were pleasantly surprised when he told us the day he deemed her a candidate!

Today we went and saw Mamma Mia! at the theater. She enjoyed the movie although she couldn't hear anything and it wasn't captioned. Sigh. I can't wait for us to go to the movie theater after activation and see how she handles musicals. She's really looking forward to an iPOD, too. I know, I know. Take it slow and don't expect too much. Smile

Anonymous said...

No shaved hair at all? Amazing these days.

I've had mine shaved like 2x3 inches right behind my ear. The good thing is that my hair on the sides and back are always buzz cuts so that bald area only lasted a month before I went for next haircut...all back to normal.

Now I only have two inches, maybe three of incision line right behind my earlobe....very barely noticed.

that was in 2006.

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Hi Lane,

Amazing, huh? Not one strand of her hair was clipped, trimmed or shaved. Lots of progress since 2006! Plus each doctor his his or her own method. Thanks for visiting.